Set up Remote Access on your Mac home computer
- Open App store.
- Search for for 'Microsoft Remote Desktop'
- Get / Install
- Log in with your Apple ID
- Once the app installs, open the app.
- Click New
- Under the Connection Name enter an appropriate name (ex: SERVER or HospitalName)
- For the PC Name, enter the following IP address:
- For the User, enter the following username:
- For the Password, enter the following password:
- Click the Red Close button on the top of the Edit Remote Desktops screen.
- A new shortcut to the server has been created, and double-clicking on it will connect you to the server.
- If prompted "The Identity of the remote computer cannot be verified", select the "Don't ask me..." option, then click Connect.
Please remember, to go to Start > Logoff when completed. By clicking the X to disconnect, or going to Start > Disconnect will not stop programs in use.