Set up Remote Access on your Windows home computer
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection
- Enter host server's IP (pute will provide)
- If a port has been specified, put a colon ( : ) then the port number. [ i.e. 18.104.22.168:5555 ]
- Before connecting click Options
- Enter your username in the User Name:(pute will provide)
- Click on Save As...to save as a shortcut for future use.
- Recommended to save to the desktop for ease of use, with a name that would make sense.
- Once the shortcut is saved, click the X or click Cancel.
- Find the previously created shortcut and Open.
- Enter the provided password when prompted.
Please remember, to go to Start > Logoff when completed. By clicking the X to disconnect, or going to Start > Disconnect will not stop programs in use.